Make perfect stereograms easy
Stereogram Explorer software
Stereogram software - create stereograms easy
If you want to see sample stereograms, go to the stereogram gallery.
Stereogram Explorer features
- User-friendly interface
- Import 3DS (3D Studio) models
- Support for pattern or textured stereograms (SIS)
- Support for random dot stereograms (SIRDS)
- Generate video animation from 3D model
- Calculate best depth distance
- Full manual controls for depth and stereogram rendering
- Hidden-surface removal
- Complete absence of artifacts (ghosts)
- Really smooth 3D images with oversampling
- Blur effect to avoid sharp depth edges
- Automatic texture and depth image billinear resizing
- All options are configurable
- Video stereogram rendering with object rotation
Stereogram software download
Download Stereogram Explorer free trial
Download for free and try to create 3D illusions
- MS Windows 7/8/10
- Minimum 32 MB RAM
- 4 MB disk space for program and additional files
- Minimum 20 MB store results
Register software license
Stereogram Explorer $20
Registration is performed online. Order processing is performed by Avangate or ShareIt! MyCommerce.
You will be asked to input information about yourself. When Avangate or ShareIt!, have received your order, your registration number will be emailed to you straight away.
In installed trial version select the menu Info/Register, and input your name and received registration number. Registration number is case sensitive.
Thank you for using Stereogram Explorer software.
Stereogram Explorer FAQ
How to view Stereograms?
Most of Stereograms are diverging or parallel. It means that focus point is behind the monitor or printed stereogram. There are many ways how to train:
- Method 1 focus behind target – place something behind monitor 30cm/feet and you can see it. Focus your eyes on it for few seconds and swing your eye focus to stereogram. If you don’t see depth in stereogram swing your eyes and focus behind monitor. Repeat it again and try stay focused behind monitor – 2 second behind monitor, 1 second on stereogram.
- Method 2 de-focus your eyes – Move your head very near to stereogram image, just few centimeters/inches. Your eyes can’t focus for this distance. Try stay focused to distance and slowly move your head back. In distance about 30 cm/11 inches you can start to see depth of stereogram.
Where I can get depth maps?
Stereogram Explorer enables create depth maps from imported 3DS model. You need 3D model, open in Stereogram Explorer, set right view angle and scale and your depth map is ready. You can find thousands free models in 3DS format. Another way is find depth maps on Internet or use some rendering application as 3D Studio, Truespace, Anim8or etc.
What I need to create animated stereogram?
You only need 3DS model. Load 3DS model, set starting position and select animation properties. Animation will be rendered to AVI file. Now is supported only random-dot rendering. SIS (textured) stereograms are not good for animations. Human brain is not ‘ready’ for moving objects without textures.
What is textured (patterned) stereogram (SIS)?
Single Image Stereograms – Textured stereogram is created from tiled image and depth map. Recommended are asymmetric textures with good contrast and some small objects as stones, balls. You can find many free textures on Internet.
What is random-dot stereogram (SIRDS)?
Single Image Random Dot Stereograms – Random dot stereogram is image created from dots. It is older rending method. Random dot stereograms were created from black&white dots. Now are SIRDS colorful. You need only depth map for creating SIRDS. Drawback of random dot stereograms is that 3D shapes are not smooth and there are visible depth layers. Stereogram Explorer corrects this problem with light blur. There is not recommended use this rendering method. If you want to render dot stereogram, use dot texture for SIS method. Render SIRDS and use it as texture for SIS.
How to create stereograms for beginners?
You can use Stereogram Explorer to create easy visible stereograms for beginners.
See our stereogram training set gallery.
Recommend stereogram configuration:
- Stereogram type – diverging/parallel SIS type (textured stereograms)
- Content – use simple 3D object or 3D depth map without small details and without large plain shapes, try to avoid content with near min 3D depth and max 3D depth
- 3D Depth – use medium size of 3D depth, small depth is not the best for beginners, high depth is recommended for trained eyes and may burdens the eyes
- Separation – use separation in average values, think of the medium on which the image will be displayed (display or paper), stereogram printed on paper in high resolution need different separation value as displayed on monitor display
- Texture – use high contract texture with small elements, don’t forget about color-blind people
- Antialiasing (Stereogram Explorer specific) – enable antialiasing (from 4 to 8)
Get Started With Stereogram Explorer Today
Create your unique 3D illusions in few seconds