www.aolej.com Forum Index www.aolej.com
aOlej's forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Before I start the impossible ...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.aolej.com Forum Index -> Mosaic Creator, photo mosaics - FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Before I start the impossible ... Reply with quote

I am trying to create a 16x20" (inch) mosaic.
300dpi -- with 3/4" (inch) width rectangle tiles

I have a database of 16,000 photos for it to use.
I need the output in JPG format
I want to use rectangles (landscape) with NO GAPS between them.

What are the best settings to achieve this? (Please ask me any questions that I haven't detailed)

How big is this going to be? (ie, Will I need to but Lite or Pro)

Anyone have any idea how big this will be (MB or GB) and how long it takes to process (give me a base system ... I have 1.8GB Proc 1GB RAM)

I am a COMPLETE Newb to this application, I've done a couple of TESTS using the Trial, but it is SO limited in its output that I can't get a real feel for what it will do in the "wild" ...

Thanks,
Andrew
aolej
guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: few answers Reply with quote

Quote:
What are the best settings to achieve this? (Please ask me any questions that I haven't detailed)

Try basic setup Rolling Eyes We are for answers here Shocked
Your cell width may be 225 pixels - 3/4 from 300 pixels.
I don't know your cell height. If cells will be 3/4'', there may be placed 21x 26 cells.

Quote:
How big is this going to be? (ie, Will I need to but Lite or Pro)

You need Professional version.

Quote:
Anyone have any idea how big this will be (MB or GB) and how long it takes to process (give me a base system ... I have 1.8GB Proc 1GB RAM)

You can calculate it very exactly. Result raw file size will be 86.4 MB. Saved as JPEG it may be ~ 9MB, it is 28.8 MPix picture.
Render time depends on your settings and size if cell images.

Quote:
I am a COMPLETE Newb to this application, I've done a couple of TESTS using the Trial, but it is SO limited in its output that I can't get a real feel for what it will do in the "wild" ...

You can try render your moaic but with smaller cell size.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: few answers Reply with quote

aolej wrote:
You can try render your moaic but with smaller cell size.
Thanks, Im trying that now to see what it will produce! I'm sure I'll be buying the Pro app soon. I might have a few more questions before I get there.

Thanks for the quick response.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, its working great so far ... just have to go reduce my dupe count to get a better "visual".

Database question: Does the system cache the cell image database somewhere so that when I reopen the app, it wont have to re-analyze all 16,000 Cell Images to be used in a new Mosaic?

If so, where is this information stored, or do I need to take action to create such a database.

Thanks,
Andrew
aolej
guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: cell cache Reply with quote

There is used cell image cache but it is transparent for user.

When don't change some rendering options, there will be used cell image cache and mosaic render will start faster.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last question: I purchased Lite for now ... but when I try to create a pic, it states that it's going to be 24MB .. but ends up being 7.5MB ... Isnt that a bit misleading, considering that I could increase the resolution quite a bit more than what you are allowing and keep it under the ~25MB limit?
aolej
guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: size limit Reply with quote

Size limit is 25MB (lite version), it is for raw result image in BMP file format. When you render to JPEG or other file format with compression, result image file should be smaller.
If you have registered Lite version, you may play with your mosaic options and render it up to 25MB.

If you have more questions, contact us by email, please.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.aolej.com Forum Index -> Mosaic Creator, photo mosaics - FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: