www.aolej.com Forum Index www.aolej.com
aOlej's forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making a photomosaic, with mosaics that fill entire image?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.aolej.com Forum Index -> Mosaic Creator, photo mosaics - FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LecTech

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Making a photomosaic, with mosaics that fill entire image? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am using your wonderful software (Pro version) to make a photomosaic, using a 8.5x11 (Letter) size Source Image, and a collection of about 8000 cell images that are 240 x 180 pixel JPEGs.

I have set it at 150 DPI, and cell size of sq 40x 40 ,again using Letter for image size. The cell shape is Hexagon2.

The problem I am having is that the resulting photomosaic has only about 3/4 of the image is filled with mosaics, with the remaining 1/4 of the image at the bottom being just the original Source Image.

I also notice that the Hexagon cell shape seems to be stretched a bit vertically in the photomosaic, not exactly the shape tht shows in the cell shape chooser.

What am I doing wrong? Please, Help. Crying or Very sad [/i]
aolej
guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Making a photomosaic, with mosaics that fill entire image? Reply with quote

You need some experiments with non-standard cells. It is due cell overlaps. You may try more cells in column to fill mosaic. You can control size of cells, just enter values in pixels, you can avoid any deformations.
LecTech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: filling image with cells Reply with quote

I have tried many experiments with these non-standard Hexagon cells, and I always get the same results: a photomosaic that doesnt fill the entire image.

I tried your suggestion, changing the number of cells. All that seems to do is make the resulting photomosaic strtetched.

And I still have the original problem where the cells dont fill the entire image.

So 2 problems:

1. Cells dont fill entire source image, but stop about 3/4 of the way into the image.

2. Cells arent same hexagonal shape that I choose, but rather a stretched vertically elongated hexagon.

Can I email you a sample to show you what I mean? Maybe I am not explaining myself properly.

Or is there a manual for this software that I could read to learn how to use it?

thanks
aolej
guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: filling image with cells Reply with quote

Please contact us by e-mail. There is problem with hexagon2 pattern definition. Easy fix is if you use another hexagon patterns http://www.aolej.com/files/hexagons.zip Unpack files and copy to Mosaic Creator\pat directory and restart Mosaic Creator.
LecTech

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Problem FIXED!! Reply with quote

You ROCK!!

I downloaded and installed the new Hexagon 3 and 4 cell shapes you posted and YES, it works now!

Both problems I had seem to be fixed with the new Hexagon shapes, as I now get a full photomosaic and the cells seem to keep their original shapes and dont get distorted.

I cant tell you how happy I am to see a great looking phototile with the hexagon shape I wanted to use. I thought I was doing something wrong, and as a graphic artist I was very frustrated.

Thanks so much for a great program AND great support!

L
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.aolej.com Forum Index -> Mosaic Creator, photo mosaics - FAQ All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: